Super Simple Citrus And Fennel Salad
This salad will brighten up any winter day. Not only is it vibrant in color, it’s also refreshing in taste, making it the perfect sunshine on a plate.
August 17, 2023
for 4 servings
- ½ medium fennel bulb, trimmed, fronds reserved
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tangeloes
- 1 blood orange
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fennel fronds, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted crushed macadamia nuts (25 g)
- Calories 192
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a mandolin, thinly shave the fennel bulb. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the Dijon mustard, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl with the fennel. Gently toss to coat.
- Working with one piece of citrus at a time, cut the ends off of the grapefruit, tangeloes, blood orange, and lime. Place upright on a cutting board and cut the rind off, working your way around the fruit. Thinly slice the citrus crosswise into rounds, removing any seeds.
- Arrange the citrus on a serving platter. Gently spoon the fennel on top. Top with the fennel fronds and macadamia nuts.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.