93% would make again
Sushi Rice Dip
featured in Fancy Sushi Roll Recipes
for 1 serving
- 2 cups sushi rice (452 g)
- 4 cups water (944 mL)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup green onion (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed, optional
- 1 avocado, optional
- nori, seaweed wrap
- oil sprayer
- Wash and rinse the rice thoroughly to remove excess starch. Cook in a medium pot at high until the water reaches a boil. turn to low heat, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While there is still some water in the pot, add the vinegar and sugar. Stir and remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, add the oil and mushrooms. Cook until they begin to brown.
- Add the soy sauces, green onions, and brown sugar. simmer for 2-3 minutes, adding small amounts of water if necessary.
- Spray a square or round bowl with cooking oil, and press the rice into the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Layer avocado slices around the edges and bottom of the rice.
- Spoon in the mushroom sauce. Cover and pat down another layer of rice to seal in the goodness!
- Place a serving plate on top of the bowl and flip upside-down. Remove the bowl carefully.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Use a seaweed snack to grab.