91% would make again
Sweet And Salty Pretzel Cakes
featured in 5 Recipes For Your Sweet And Savory Cravings
for 12 servings
- ½ cup milk chocolate (75 g), or dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ¾ cup pretzel (75 g), crushed, plus more for decoration
- Calories 73
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make a bain-marie by filling a pot with a little water. Rest a heatproof bowl on the rim of the pot, making sure that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Cook on a low heat and when the water starts to simmer add the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup to the heatproof bowl and allow it to melt - when it’s nearly there, give it a quick stir and take it off the heat.
- Stir the crushed pretzels in to the chocolate mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases - if you have the time, you can line each muffin case with 5 pretzels to form a little holder for the mixture. one on the base, and 4 walls, but this isn’t totally necessary, the mixture will hold on it’s own when set. A single pretzel on top is a fairly good compromise!
- Fill the muffin cases with the chocolate mixture and allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.