96% would make again
Sweet Chili Chicken Sliders
These sliders pack a fiery punch with sweet chili sauce that'll make your taste buds dance with delight. Don't forget the cool and creamy slaw to balance out the heat.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 ½ cups panko bread crumbs (125 g)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lb green cabbage (450 g), shredded (about a half of a medium head)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 slider buns
- Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
- fresh cilantro leaf
- Calories 331
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Chicken: Sprinkle chicken generously with salt. Place flour in a medium-size shallow bowl. Place eggs in a second bowl, and panko in a third bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to each bowl and stir to combine. Dredge each chicken piece in the flour, shaking off the excess. Move the chicken to the egg and dip to coat, then coat with an even layer of panko.
- In a large skillet, heat ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) of vegetable oil to 350ºF. Place a few chicken pieces in oil, not crowding the pan, and cook for 3–4 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook for another 3–4 minutes on the second side or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Slaw: Combine cabbage and carrots in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, and salt to make dressing. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Assembly: Swipe a little mayonnaise on the bottom of each slider roll. Place a piece of chicken. Pour a teaspoon or two of Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce on the chicken. Add a bit of slaw and top with a few cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.