Sweet-Chilli Udon Noodles With Tempeh And Asian Greens
Spice up your dinner game with these Sweet Chili Udon Noodles, featuring protein-packed tempeh and nutrient-rich Asian greens. This flavor-packed dish is a delightful fusion of savory and sweet, perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a fun weekend treat.
for 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon thai chilli jam paste
- ⅔ teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 pinches pepper, (for sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce, (for assembly)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ bunch spring onion
- ½ bunch pak choy
- ½ bunch broccolini
- ⅔ block tempeh
- 1 ½ cups peas and corn mix (225 g)
- 2 udon noodles, single-serve
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Calories 1097
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 183g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 57g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine minced garlic, chilli jam, brown sugar, pepper, soy sauce, water, and 1 chopped spring onion to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside to rest.
- Salt Tempeh block and cut into ½ in -1 cm cubes. Add to a preheated pan on high heat.
- Once lightly browned, add peas and corn. Continue cooking until golden-brown.
- Lower temperature of pan to medium-high heat and add a third of the sauce mixture to the pan. Stir to combine, remove from heat, transfer mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve the pak choy leaves and cut both broccolini and spring onion into 1 ½ in -3 cm long pieces using a diagonal cut.
- Add about 1⁄2 cup of water to the pan that the tempeh was cooked in and scrape the remaining material from the pan over medium-high heat.
- Add broccolini stalks and bring water to the boil.
- Then, add the whites of the spring onion, broccolini heads and pak choy to the pan and reduce until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add darker parts of spring onion and cover the pan, venting the lid and leaving a gap for the steam to escape until all water is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut udon blocks in half and add to the same pan with 1 tbsp water over high heat.
- Add half of the remaining sauce mixture and heat until warmed. Then, add the remaining sauce mixture and sauté until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add water to the pan to deglaze and add back tempeh mixture. Add 1⁄4 tsp salt and pepper to the pan and mix. Cook until heated, then remove from heat.
- Serve noodles, then top with desired amount of greens and tempeh mix.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.