Sweet Lemon Mousse With Granola Crumble
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit a recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 2 cups sweet lemon juice (480 mL), from medium sweet lemons
- ¼ cup sugar (60 g), or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch, or corn flour
- ½ teaspoon water
- 2 cups whipping cream (480 mL)
- ½ vanilla bean pod
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit (75 g)
- ½ cup dry oat (50 g)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), cubed and chilled
- 4 tablespoons wheat flour
- medium sweet lemon cup
- fresh leaf
- cubed sweet lemon
- Calories 585
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the mousse: In a sauce pan, add sweet lemon juice and sugar and let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan and let the mixture come to a
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water.
- Once the sweet lemon mixture comes to a boil, add the cornstarch water to it and
- mix continuously. Let the mixture thicken until it coats the back of a spoon. Take it off the heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add whipping cream and extract of half a vanilla bean pod. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Once the sweet lemon mixture is completely cool to touch, add it to the whipped cream in thirds and fold it gently.
- Until you are ready to serve, store it in the refrigerator.
- Make the crumble: In a bowl, add the dried fruits and oats and mix them thoroughly.
- Add the cubed chilled butter to the mixture and rub it into the mixture with hands. (The heat of the hands slightly melts the butter, making it easier to mix)
- Add the honey and mix it well.
- Add the wheat flour and mix it until it coats all the dried fruits and oats mixture.
- In a baking tray, spread out the mixture and bake it until it turns golden brown. Alternatively, you could also add the mixture to a large pan and mix it continuously to form the crumble on a stove top.
- Let the mixture completely cool down before serving.
- To serve, add 1 tsp crumble into the sweet lemon cups and fill in fully with the mousse.
- Garnish it with fresh leaves and cubes sweet lemon.