88% would make again
Sweet Potato And Chickpea Nuggets
featured in Healthy Veggie Nuggets 4 Ways
Inspired by mamawentvegan.com
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (115 g)
- Calories 262
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flax meal, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan bring 6 cups (1 ½ L) of water to a boil, then add sweet potatoes. Cook until they are tender, about 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a food processor, combine the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, basil, flax egg, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, and flour, and pulse until combined. Add the bread crumbs and mix.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take about 1 tablespoon worth of mixture and form it into a nugget with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown.
- Or, pan fry with a small drizzle of oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.