Sweet Potato And Poblano Tacos
Spice up your taco night with these scrumptious Sweet Potato and Poblano Tacos! Packed with a delightful blend of flavors, these tacos are sure to become a new favorite in your household.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 tacos
- 2 cups sweet potato (280 g), cut into 1/2 (1/4 cm)
- 2 cups poblano pepper (300 g), cut into 1/2 in pieces (1/4 cm)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 oz McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning, 1 packet
- ½ cup black beans (60 g), drained and rinsed
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup cotija cheese (110 g), crumbled
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (100 g)
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- ½ cup white vinegar (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (60 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ lime juice
- Calories 268
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and poblanos. Drizzle over olive oil and add the McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning packet. Mix together.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway, until soft and browned.
- Meanwhile, make the pickled onions: Add the onion to a medium heatproof bowl.
- Add the water, vinegar, and sugar to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the pickling liquid over the onion to submerge. Let cool.
- Make the avocado crema: Add the avocado, yogurt, salt, and lime juice to a blender or food processor, and blend on high speed until smooth.
- When the vegetables have finished roasting, remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a large bowl, then toss with the black beans.
- To assemble the tacos, spread 1–2 tablespoons of avocado crema in the center of a warm tortilla and top with about ⅓ cup of the roasted sweet potato mixture, 1 tablespoon pickled onions, ½ tablespoon crumbled Cotija cheese, and a small bunch of microgreens. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.