93% would make again
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
featured in Sweet Potato Breakfasts
for 8 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup green onion (40 g), chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced and cooked
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- cooking spray
- 10 slices ham
- 2 cups spinach (80 g)
- Calories 185
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Using a mandolin, slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise into about 3-millimeter thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced sweet potatoes, oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Lay out sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until the edges start to crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, remaining teaspoon of salt, remaining teaspoon of pepper, and the milk. Whisk well.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C) .
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan. Line the sides and base of the pan with sweet potato slices, overlapping slightly.
- Layer half of the ham slices over the sweet potato, then add the spinach, another layer of sweet potato, the egg mixture, the rest of the ham, and the rest of the sweet potato slices.
- Fold the outside sweet potato slices over the loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Invert the loaf onto a serving plate, then slice and serve.