for 6 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- vegetable, or pita bread, for serving
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Calories 296
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 40–45 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, paprika, cumin, and coriander to a blender. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape the flesh into the blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, 3–5 minutes.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and use a spoon to make a swirl pattern. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and paprika, then drizzle with the olive oil. Serve with vegetables or pita bread and cucumber celery juice.