for 12 servings
Graham Cracker Crumble
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup graham cracker (55 g)
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup rolled oats (15 g)
Sweet Potato Cupcakes
- 1 ⅓ cups lightly packed brown sugar (265 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6 oz mashed sweet potato (180 g)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar (440 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 10 oz Kraft® Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (30 g)
- Calories 431
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 96g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 74g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Make the graham cracker crumble: In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham crackers, brown sugar, and oats until well combined.
- Make the cupcakes: In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar and egg with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until combined and smooth, 3–4 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla and butter, then the sweet potato, until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and beat to incorporate, then add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup of batter into each muffin cup, then sprinkle the tops with 1 heaping teaspoon each of graham cracker crumble.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15–17 minutes, or until cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking and cooling, make the toasted marshmallow frosting: Add the butter to a large bowl. While whipping continuously with an electric hand mixer on medium-low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar, then the milk, until smooth.
- Turn the oven to a high broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the Kraft® Jet-Puffed Marshmallows in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Broil, watching carefully, for 60–90 seconds, until the marshmallows are deeply browned on top.
- Remove the toasted marshmallows from the oven and immediately fold into the frosting. Let cool completely. If the frosting is still too soft to hold its shape once cooled, place in the refrigerator for 1–2 hours, until firm. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large round piping tip.
- Gently insert the tip of the piping bag through the top of a cupcake into the center and pipe about 1 tablespoon of frosting inside. Then, frost the top of the cupcake and sprinkle with more graham cracker crumble. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Serve immediately.