Sweet Potato & White Bean Burgers
Bite into these scrumptious Sweet Potato White Bean Burgers and experience a delightful explosion of flavors. Perfect for a laid-back summer cookout, these veggie-packed patties will have even the most dedicated carnivores coming back for seconds.
for 4 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted and peeled
- 15 oz white beans (425 g), or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (10 g), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs (60 g)
- canola oil, as needed
- 4 buns of choice
- 4 tablespoons chipotle mayo
- sliced avocado
- sliced red onion
- Calories 555
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted sweet potato, white beans, onion, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Divide the sweet potato mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties.
- In a large pan, heat a drizzle ov oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Place the patties on buns and top with chipotle mayo, avocado, and red onion.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.