91% would make again
A refreshing salad packed with parsley, mint, tomatoes, and bulgur wheat, tossed in a lemon and olive oil dressing. Perfect as a light lunch or side dish.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 bunches fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (120 mL), plus 2 tbsp, divided
- ½ cup fine grain bulgur (100 g), or medium grain, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 english cucumber, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaf, thinly sliced
- Calories 347
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Use a fork to de-stem the parsley. Pick any remaining leaves with your fingers. Compost or save the stems for vegetable stock.
- Chop the parsley very finely and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Mince the tomatoes and transfer to a fine-mesh strainer, then set the strainer over another medium bowl. Sprinkle the tomatoes with a pinch of salt and mix. Let stand for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally, then add to the bowl with the parsley. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato water.
- Rinse the bulgur in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water and drain well.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, the bulgur, and water to the bowl with the reserved tomato water. Let stand until the grains are beginning to soften, about 1 hour or according to package instructions.
- Add the cucumber, scallions, mint, olive oil, soaked bulgur, remaining lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the parsley and tomatoes. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.