Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- vegetable oil, for frying
Street Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® chili powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 10 oz frozen roasted corn kernels (285 g), thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g), softened
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g)
- ⅓ cup full-fat greek yogurt (80 g)
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted, hot
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese (75 g)
Taco-Spiced Tortilla Chips
- 1 oz McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 30 corn tortillas, 5 1/2-in (13-cm), each cut into 6 triangles
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Fill a medium pot about a third of the way with vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C).
- Make the street corn dip: In a small bowl, combine the McCormick® Chili Powder, McCormick® Smoked Paprika, McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the corn and half of the spice mixture (reserve the rest for serving) and toss until combined, about 1 minute. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes, or until the corn kernels are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, Greek yogurt, remaining teaspoon of salt, McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper, lime zest, and lime juice until evenly incorporated. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Make the taco-spiced tortilla chips: In a small bowl, mix together the McCormick® Taco Seasoning and salt.
- Line a large bowl with a double layer of paper towels.
- Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pot, fry the tortilla triangles in the hot oil until golden brown, 3–4 minutes. Transfer the fried tortilla chips to the paper towel-lined bowl and sprinkle ½–1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, tossing until the chips are well-coated. Transfer the chips to a separate large bowl for serving and repeat frying and tossing the remaining tortilla triangles.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, stir together the hot melted butter, the remaining street corn spice mixture, and the McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper. Pour the butter mixture over the corn dip, then sprinkle the top with the Cotija cheese.
- Serve the street corn dip with the taco-spiced chips.