How To Make The Fluffiest Pancakes
featured in Alexis’s Favorite Tasty Recipes
These fluffy pancakes are made with buttermilk, flour, and eggs, then topped with butter and syrup for a classic breakfast treat.
May 14, 2023
94% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 pancakes
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups buttermilk (600 mL)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 stick, melted
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks seperated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- blueberry, optional
- chocolate chip, optional
- maple syrup, for serving
- Calories 301
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and gently fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Add the egg whites and fold until just combined. Be sure not to overmix. Some lumps are okay.
- Let the batter rest for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add the butter to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium low heat. Once the butter has melted and is bubbling, reduce the heat to medium-low and add ⅓ cup (75 g) of batter to the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the surface. If adding any toppings like chocolate chips or blueberries, sprinkle over the pancake. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and maple syrup.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here