Tembleque Vegan Pudding
Indulge in this creamy, coconutty Tembleque Vegan Pudding that'll transport your taste buds straight to the tropics. It's delightful, easy-to-make dessert that's perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings while keeping it plant-based.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk (480 mL), fresh or canned
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- ½ cup cornstarch (60 g)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- cinnamon, to serve
- star anise, to serve
- Calories 210
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the coconut milk, sugar, salt, and cinnamon sticks.
- Use the hand mixer to mix until the sugar and salt dissolve and let the mixture boil slightly.
- While you wait for the coconut milk to boil, add the cornstarch and water to a cup or glass with a lid and stir or whisk well until all the cornstarch dissolves and there are no lumps. It should be like a watery milkshake.
- When the coconut milk starts to boil, remove the cinnamon sticks. Then, lower the heat.
- Add the cornstarch water shake, beating constantly. Continue beating until form a thick cream but still liquid.
- . Remove from heat and immediately add to your favorite mold(s). Use the flexible spatula to remove the liquid.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature until you can comfortably touch the mold. Then, refrigerate the mixture for 3 hours.
- To serve, flip the tembleque onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and decorate with an anise star just before serving.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.