for 2 servings
- 4 oz tempeh (115 g), half a package
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- Calories 258
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 10g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, cut tempeh ¼-inch (6 mm) thick slices.
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and add the tempeh. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to the pan and stir.
- Add soy sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, and black pepper, and stir until tempeh is evenly coated.
- Let brown for 2-3 minutes.