Tempeh Taco Salad
Experience a fiesta of flavors with this scrumptious Tempeh Taco Salad! It's a protein-packed, plant-based twist on a classic favorite that'll have you saying "yum-o" in no time.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 3 servings
- 8 oz tempeh (225 g), 1 package
- olive oil, for cooking
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups green leaf lettuce (320 g), chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- ¾ cup black beans (130 g)
- ½ cup corn (85 g)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g), chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion (50 g)
- Calories 577
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the tempeh into a medium dice.
- In a medium saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the tempeh and cook for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin, stir, and cook for another 5 minutes, until all of the seasonings are well-distributed and the tempeh is browned. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Make the avocado dressing: In a blender, combine the avocado, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Arrange the lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, cilantro, red onion, and tempeh in a large bowl and pour over the avocado dressing.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.