Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
featured in Skewers 4 Ways
These flavorful skewers are marinated in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce and grilled to perfection. Serve with rice and your favorite veggies for a satisfying meal.
May 14, 2023
97% would make again
for 4 skewers
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (455 g), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup soy sauce (240 mL)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- ¼ cup green onion (25 g), chopped
- 1 pineapple, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 4 skewers bamboo skewer, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Calories 339
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, and green onions, stirring until evenly coated.
- Chill and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Slide a piece of chicken down the skewer, alternating with the pineapple, until there is a 1-inch gap on the top of the skewer.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, pineapple, and skewers.
- Grease the surface of the grill by rubbing the grates with tongs and an oiled paper towel.
- Grill the skewers for about 12-18 minutes with the lid closed, flipping them halfway. Brush the skewers with the leftover marinade during grilling, if desired.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.