87% would make again
Teriyaki Salmon Burger
featured in Japanese Rice Burgers 4 Ways
This burger is a healthy and flavorful option for burger lovers. The grilled salmon patty is glazed with a delicious teriyaki sauce, and served with fresh lettuce and tomato on a soft bun.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 oz salmon fillet (200 g), skin-on
- neutral oil, as needed
- 1 ¼ cups rice (300 g), cooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- green leaf lettuce, to serve
- mayonnaise, to serve
- Calories 341
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and sugar. Add the salmon and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a splash of neutral oil. Add the marinated salmon and cook on both sides until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade to the pan. Stir until the salmon is fully coated in the glaze.
- Shape the rice into four patties.
- Heat another pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Add the rice “buns” and cook until the outside is crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Top a rice bun with a piece of green leaf lettuce, half of the salmon fillet, a drizzle mayonnaise, and another rice bun. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make a second burger.