95% would make again
Thai Coconut Vegetable Curry
featured in 4 Ways To Prepare Thai Curry
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends trimmed, diced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 13.5 oz light coconut milk (400 mL)
- 28 oz diced tomato (790 g)
- 13.5 oz chickpeas (380 g), drained and rinsed
- 5 oz baby spinach (140 g)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped
- cooked brown rice, for serving
- Calories 267
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large, high-sided pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, until just beginning to sweat. Add the jalapeño and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute, until just fragrant. Add the bell pepper and eggplant, and cook for 3 minutes, until the eggplant begins to soften.
- Add the curry paste and brown sugar and stir to coat the vegetables, making sure there are no large clumps of curry paste. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine until the milk is stained from the curry paste. Stir the in diced tomatoes and chickpeas, and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once the curry is simmering, add the spinach, half at a time, and stir until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish the curry with cilantro and serve over brown rice.
- Nutrition Calories: 212 Total fat: 7 grams Sodium: 368 Total carbs: 34 grams Dietary fiber: 8 grams Sugars: 10 grams Protein: 7 grams