Thai Green Chicken Curry
Craving Thai food for dinner? This chicken curry dish — with spicy green chilis, curry paste, creamy coconut milk, and plenty of veggies — comes together quickly and definitely delivers on flavor. Serve it over rice with lots of fresh lime! (*This chicken curry was 1 of 3 winners in our latest recipe challenge.)
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, separated
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (455 g), cut into thin slices
- 2 thai green chilis, sliced lengthwise
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, small, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ cups red bell pepper (150 g), sliced thinly
- 5 broccolini stalks, split lengthwise if large so they are relatively the same size
- 10 sugar snap peas, split open
- 1 large carrot, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 green onion, sliced on a bias (keep green ends for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons thai green curry paste, (found in the International aisle at the grocery store)
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- fresh basil, thai, if you can find it
- lime, to taste, fresh squeezed
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- cucumber, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- red thai pepper, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Calories 1471
- Fat 77g
- Carbs 117g
- Fiber 43g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 98g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a wok or deep skillet. Add chicken thighs to the pan and cook for a few minutes until almost cooked all the way. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and add the green chilies, shallot, bell peppers, carrots, green onions. Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the ginger and garlic. Cook for another minute until everything gets fragrant. Vegetables should still be crunchy.
- Add the Thai Green Curry paste and cook for a minute until everything comes together.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and mix thoroughly. Let the curry cook for a few minutes until bubbling hot. Squeeze in some fresh lime.
- Add in the broccolini and the snap peas along with the chicken that you par cooked earlier. Let everything poach in the hot curry until the chicken is finished cooking fully - approximately another 3 to 4 minutes. Take care not to overcook the vegetables. Stir in the basil leaves a few seconds before serving.
- Serve hot over jasmine rice. Top with all the garnishes - red Thai peppers, green onions, cucumbers, more basil and a squeeze of lime.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.