Thanksgiving Leftovers Pockets
for 10 servings
- 3 cups mashed potato (750 g)
- 1 cup turkey (125 g), shredded
- 1 cup corn (175 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 empanada wrappers
- Calories 493
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 74g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine mashed potatoes, shredded turkey, and corn in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and water for the egg wash.
- Lay out empanada wrappers on a lightly floured surface. Brush egg wash over surface of wrappers.
- Scoop two tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Fold each wrapper in half and press the edges together so it is sealed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a skillet on medium heat.
- Cook pierogi for 1-2 minutes on both sides.
- Serve with gravy and cranberry sauce. Yum!