87% would make again
The Fudgiest Dairy-Free Brownie Pie
featured in 5 Dairy-Free Desserts
for 8 servings
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie (200 g)
- ⅜ cup vegan butter (85 g), can substitute with coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups medjool date (255 g)
- 1 cup boiling water (240 mL)
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder (90 g)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup milk substitute (80 mL)
- Calories 603
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 38g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the crust, blend together the cookie sandwiches and the vegan butter in a food processor. Blend for 10 seconds at a time until the cookies have absorbed all the butter. The mix should stick when pressed together.
- Transfer to a greased pie pan, press to form a crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling, place your dates in a bowl and soak them in the boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the dates and the water to a food processor and blend for 10 seconds at a time until a thick paste has formed. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling into the mixing bowl and fold them into the paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the chilled pie crust. Bake in the oven at 350° F (180° C) for 40-45 minutes. The texture should be thick and fudgy.