89% would make again
Toffee Apple Cookies
featured in Fancy Toffee Sweet Treats!
These sweet treats are like a party in your mouth! Crispy, crunchy, and loaded with caramelized apples and toffee bits, these cookies are perfect for any occasion, from a picnic in the park to a cozy night in.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup golden caster sugar (180 g), can substitute regular caster or brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (100 g), softened
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bramley apple, medium, chopped
- 12 chewy toffees
- Calories 413
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 68g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 47g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oven to 180°C (350ºF).
- Beat the sugar, butter, and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and bicarbonate of soda. Combine into a smooth dough.
- Mix in the apple.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto baking paper-lined tray. Add in 1 chewy toffee piece per cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.