97% would make again
featured in 6 Amazing Dairy-Free Breakfasts
Inspired by thespruce.com
for 4 servings
- 16 oz tofu (455 g)
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Calories 141
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Drain tofu from container, wrap it in a paper towel, and place it on a plate. Rest another plate on top of the tofu and microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Unwrap the tofu and cut into cubes.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Cut the top off a bell pepper and remove all the seeds and thinly slice.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers, and cook until softened.
- Add in the tofu and cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin, and mix well, until all the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the lemon juice to the tofu and mix until evenly combined.
- Remove the tofu from the heat and serve.