96% would make again
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Burrito
featured in 5 Quick & Easy Burrito Recipes
This breakfast burrito is the ultimate morning pick-me-up! Made with a fluffy tofu scramble, seasoned potatoes, and creamy avocado, it's a satisfying and protein-packed way to start your day. Wrapped in a tortilla and served with hot sauce, it's a breakfast that's full of flavor and sure to keep you fueled all day long!"
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 medium yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed
- olive oil, to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 14 oz extra firm tofu (395 g), 1 block
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (150 g), halved
- 3 cups fresh spinach (120 g)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, for serving, diced
- hot sauce, for serving
- Calories 455
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the potatoes to a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil, the paprika, oregano, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss until well coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, crumble the block of tofu into the pan until it resembles the consistency of scrambled eggs, being careful not to over-crumble because it will continue to break apart as you cook. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until the tofu is slightly golden.
- Add the soy sauce, nutritional yeast, the remaining 2½ teaspoons garlic powder, the onion powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. Add the tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the tomatoes become slightly wrinkled. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble a burrito, add ¼ of the tofu scramble, ¼ of the potatoes, some avocado, and hot sauce to the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll up, keeping the filling tucked in place. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cut in half and serve.