Tofu & Vegetable Skewers
featured in 4 BBQ Recipes For Your Vegetarian Friends
These Tofu Vegetable Skewers are a delicious and healthy option for any barbecue or outdoor gathering. A flavorful marinade adds a touch of Asian flair to the skewers.
May 04, 2023
91% would make again
for 4 skewers
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (55 g)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 oz firm tofu (425 g), or extra firm tofu
- 4 wooden skewers
- Calories 186
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Soak wooden skewers in a shallow dish filled with water to prevent burning.
- Place tofu on a paper towel-lined plate. Top with another paper towel and another plate. Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Slice tofu into 9-12 cubes and set aside
- Combine water, maple syrup, soy sauce, BBQ sauce, oil, garlic powder, Sriracha, and pepper then stir.
- Place tofu in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove tofu from marinade. Heat marinade over a low heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until it reduces and thickens.
- Assemble skewers, alternating between tofu and veggies.
- Heat a pan or grill and cook each skewer for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.