Tomato And Roasted Garlic Pizza Pie
Indulge in this scrumptious Tomato and Roasted Garlic Pizza Pie that'll have your taste buds dancing with delight. Savor the perfect blend of juicy tomatoes, aromatic roasted garlic, and gooey mozzarella cheese atop a crispy crust.
for 4 servings
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 ½ lb Walmart Beefsteak Slicing Tomatoes (1.1 kg)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 12 oz refrigerated pizza dough (310 g), rolled out to a 12 in circle
- 1 ½ cups shredded gruyère cheese (150 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (60 g), fresh
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaf, plus ½ tablespoon whole leaves, divided
- Calories 802
- Fat 55g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Peel the outer papery layers off of the head of garlic. Slice the top ½ inch off of the bulb and place on a small square of foil. Drizzle the top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap tightly in the foil and set in a ramekin or small baking dish. Set aside while you prepare the tomatoes.
- Slice the Walmart tomatoes crosswise into ¼-inch rounds, discarding the stems. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, overlapping slightly if needed. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in the oven and roast for 35–40 minutes, until the tomatoes are softened and dry looking on top and the garlic cloves are golden brown and soft to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Leave the oven on.
- Lay the pizza dough round in a 9-inch springform pan and gently press against the bottom, letting the dough go about 2 inches up the sides. Using a fork, gently press the sides of the dough against the pan, and then prick the bottom of the dough a few times.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until the dough is just starting to puff up and set. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Gently remove 8 cloves of roasted garlic from the bulb. Roughly chop 6 cloves, and thinly slice the remaining 2 lengthwise.
- Add the chopped garlic, Gruyère, parmesan, mayonnaise, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and chopped thyme to a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon half of the cheese mixture onto the pizza crust and gently smooth in an even layer. Using a spatula, transfer half of the roasted tomatoes onto the cheese and press very gently into an even layer. Repeat with the remaining cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle the sliced roasted garlic on top.
- Bake the pizza pie for 45–60 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the edges of the pan with foil. Remove from the oven and let rest for 1 hour.
- Garnish with the whole thyme leaves, then slice and serve.