95% would make again
Tomato Pesto Parchment-baked Chicken
featured in Parchment-Baked Chicken 4 Ways
for 1 serving
- parchment paper, or aluminium foil, 12x18 inches (30.5 x 46 cm)
- 1 chicken breast
- 5 oz asparagus (140 g)
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 538
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 53g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fold the parchment paper in half, then open up.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus and lay them on one half of the parchment paper.
- Drizzle on oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken on the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and spread on the pesto. Top with tomato slices.
- Fold the parchment paper over the chicken, and cinch the paper together by folding it over itself along the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C).