89% would make again
Top Chef Junior Citrus Salmon Burger
Top Chef Junior citrus salmon burger is a refreshing and healthy burger, featuring a grilled salmon patty topped with a zesty citrus slaw.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
Dill Citrus Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise (240 g)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, such as chives, basil, and mint
- 1 ½ lb fresh salmon (680 g), 4 fillets
- 2 oranges, zested
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chives, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- butter lettuce
- 4 sesame seed burger buns, lightly toasted
- Calories 987
- Fat 67g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Dill citrus aioli: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- Burgers: Cut salmon into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces. Transfer 1⁄3 of salmon to a food processor and process, scraping down sides, until mixture is very smooth and paste-like. Add remaining salmon and pulse 4–5 times until pieces are no bigger than 1⁄4 inches (6 mm) (be careful not to make it too smooth). Transfer to a large bowl.
- Gently fold in citrus zests, juice, chives, and salt. Shape into 4 burger patties.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons of oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon burgers to pan. Sear for 3–4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Assembly: Spread about 1 tablespoon of dill citrus aioli on the bottom of 4 buns. Place one burger on each bun, then top with tomato, avocado, and butter lettuce.