This tortellini soup is creamy, cheesy, and so easy to make! Sauté aromatics in a Dutch oven, add vegetable stock and crushed tomatoes for the broth, and finish off with store-bought tortellini, cream, and spinach. Don’t forget to garnish with basil and lots of Parmesan cheese.
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 McCormick® dried bay leaf
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 5 oz baby spinach
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (60 g), for garnish
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil (10 g), for garnish
- Calories 402
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt the olive oil and butter together in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook for another 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon, until the wine is reduced by at least half.
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and spinach and simmer for another 5–6 minutes, until the tortellini are cooked through and the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the bay leaf, then stir in the heavy cream.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.