Tortilla Bowl Southwestern Salad
A crispy tortilla bowl is filled with a colorful blend of greens, beans, corn, and avocado, then topped with a zesty lime dressing and a sprinkle of cheese for a filling and flavorful salad.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup corn (175 g), canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup black beans (170 g), canned, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Calories 418
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pour the vegetable oil (1 teaspoon per bowl) into medium (1.2 quart) oven-proof bowls and rub around to coat the surface. Press each tortilla into a greased bowl.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let the tortilla bowls cool.
- Make 3 cuts lengthwise on each of the romaine hearts, remove the stems, and chop into smaller pieces. Rinse, drain, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with the romaine.
- Dice the onion and add it to the salad.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and dice. Add to the salad.
- Add the corn and black beans.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Fill each tortilla bowl with the salad.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.