Triple Chocolate Tarts
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner for Two
Experience a chocolate lover's dream with these Triple Chocolate Tarts! Dive into a heavenly blend of rich chocolate crust, smooth ganache filling, and a glossy chocolate glaze for the ultimate dessert treat.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 2 servings
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- 2 whole egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 oz dark chocolate (60 g), finely chopped
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate (60 g), finely chopped
- 1 oz white chocolate (30 g), finely chopped
- fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Roll out a circle of pie dough and cut in half. Press the dough into two small tart tins, and remove any excess dough. Use a fork to prick the base of the pie dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 425˚F (220˚C), or until the tart is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and whisk to combine.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks and whisk, until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick like pudding, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and vanilla, and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- In three separate microwave-safe bowls, melt each of the chocolates by microwaving for intervals of 15 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the pudding into each of the separate bowls of melted chocolate. Stir until they are well combined and silky.
- Spoon many small dollops of each chocolate pudding into the pie crust. Make any design you would like with a toothpick. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, until set.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, or mint
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.