83% would make again
Tropical Rainbow Sherbet
Inspired by buzzfeed.com
for 8 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480 mL)
- 14 oz condensed milk (400 mL), 1 can
- 1 cup raspberry (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups mango (330 g), diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (225 g), strained
- Calories 429
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 41g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk in condensed milk. Evenly divide the cream base into 3 separate bowls.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add raspberries and water. Cook until berries have burst, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a mesh sieve over one the bowls of cream. Add the raspberries and using a spatula to press on the mixture so that the seeds are caught in the strainer.
- Using a blender, puree mango until smooth. Add mango puree to the second bowl of cream.
- Add pineapple to the third bowl of cream.
- Mix each flavor until uniform in color.
- Alternating each flavor, layer the 3 flavors into a freezer-safe loaf pan. Once all flavors are added, use a butter knife to gently swirl the sherbet. Be careful not to over stir, making more than 5 passes with your knife.
- Freeze until solid, about 3-4 hours.