87% would make again
Tropical Shrimp and Pineapple Grilled Skewers
featured in 7 Healthy Low-Calorie Seafood Dinners
November 09, 2022
for 6 servings
- 1 cup pineapple (245 g), cubed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- ¾ cup water (175 mL)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, or white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut cream (60 g)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 limes, zested and divided
- 1 pineapple, 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 lb de-veined and peeled shrimp (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- wooden skewer
- Calories 157
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Puree the pineapple, garlic, chili sauce, and water in a food processor.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add the pureed sauce mixture.
- Add vinegar, salt, coconut cream, lime juice, and zest of one lime.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl to create the slurry, then add the mixture into the sauce and simmer until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
- Skewer the pineapple and shrimp, then brush sauce on both sides.
- Grill skewers over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle finished skewers with lime zest and serve with remaining sauce.