93% would make again
Truffle Mac ‘n’ Cheese
featured in 3-Course Decadent Dinner for One
Elevate your comfort food game with this luxurious Truffle Mac 'n Cheese that's sure to impress. Creamy, cheesy, and packed with the rich flavors of truffle oil and Gruyère, this dish is a decadent twist on a classic favorite.
May 05, 2023
for 3 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 cup mushroom (75 g), sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 2 cups shell pasta (400 g), cooked
- truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Calories 872
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 94g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are softened. Remove from the pot.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the flour to the pot. Whisk until the flour is toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the milk while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Whisk in the Parmesan and cheddar cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and mushrooms. Mix until the sauce coats the pasta well.
- Top with truffle oil and chives.