93% would make again
Truffle Mac ‘n’ Cheese
featured in 3-Course Decadent Dinner for One
for 3 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 cup mushroom (75 g), sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 2 cups shell pasta (400 g), cooked
- truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Calories 872
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 94g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are softened. Remove from the pot.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the flour to the pot. Whisk until the flour is toasted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the milk while whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Whisk in the Parmesan and cheddar cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and mushrooms. Mix until the sauce coats the pasta well.
- Top with truffle oil and chives.