Cozy up with Tasty’s take on a classic tuna melt. Oil-packed tuna stays moist and succulent, while celery and sweet pickle relish provide a tangy crunch. Don’t skimp on the cheese for the ultimate melty sandwich.
for 2 servings
- 2 cans tuna, oil packed, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (120 g)
- Calories 646
- Fat 47g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 44g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, pickle relish, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- On a cutting board, butter one side of each slice of bread. Flip the bread over so it is buttered-side down. Divide the tuna mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top with the cheddar cheese, then place the other slices of bread on top, buttered-side out.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and cook, without moving, for about 2 minutes, until golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwiches over and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown and the cheese has melted, 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the tuna melts to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here