98% would make again
Turkey Chili Quinoa Bowl
June 02, 2021
for 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, white and light green parts separated from dark green parts
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4 in (6 mm) pieces
- 1 cup sweet potato (200 g), peeled, cut into 1/4 in (6 mm) pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 packet McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can great northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (60 g)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups quinoa (225 g), cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Calories 1296
- Fat 87g
- Carbs 132g
- Fiber 20g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 46g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the turkey and white and light green scallion parts, and cook until the meat is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a medium bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same pot over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the carrots, sweet potato, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix, chicken broth, ground turkey, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, make the seasoned cabbage: In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage, apple cider vinegar, and salt. Toss with tongs.
- Make the avocado lime crema: In a blender or food processor, combine the avocado, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 bowls. Spoon the turkey chili over the quinoa, then top with a dollop of avocado lime crema, a pile of seasoned cabbage, the dark green scallion parts, and cilantro.