Feast your eyes on this mouthwatering Turkey Roulade, a show-stopping centerpiece for any special occasion. Impress your guests with this tender, juicy turkey roll filled with a scrumptious stuffing, all wrapped up in a beautiful package.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick
- 1 cup yellow onion (150 g), diced
- 1 cup carrot (110 g), diced
- 1 cup celery (225 g), diced
- 1 lb sweet italian sausage (455 g), casing removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaf
- 10 oz plain stuffing mix (285 g), 1 box
- ½ cup chicken stock (120 mL)
- 3 lb skin-on turkey breast (1.3 kg), deboned, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Calories 569
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 56g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes, breaking the meat up into smaller pieces. Season with the sage and thyme.
- Add the stuffing mix and chicken stock. Stir until the bread is no longer dry. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the turkey breast on a cutting board, skin-side down. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to about ½-inch (1 cm) thick.
- Brush the turkey breast with the Dijon mustard.
- Spread the stuffing mixture over the turkey breast in an even layer, about ¼-inch (6 mm) thick. Transfer any extra stuffing to an oven-safe dish.
- Starting from a short end, roll the turkey into a log with the skin on the outside. Tuck in any loose bits.
- Use kitchen twine to tie the turkey closed crosswise at 1-inch (2-cm) intervals. Tie once lengthwise to seal the ends.
- Transfer the trussed turkey to a wire rack set over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter and season all sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake the turkey roulade for 45-60 minutes, until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 165°F (75˚C). Bake the leftover stuffing for 20-30 minutes, until lightly browned on top.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then remove the twine, slice, and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.