97% would make again
Turkey Spaghetti Squash Bake
featured in Lighter Dinner Bakes 4 Ways
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper (100 g), diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups tomato (400 g), diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g), divided
- green onion, to serve
- Calories 197
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the turkey and cook until browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, basil, and oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash. Cook for 4-5 minutes until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Add half of the mozzarella and stir until cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove then add the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired and serve.