96% would make again
Turkey & Zucchini–Stuffed Jack-o’-lantern Bell Peppers
for 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey (455 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup diced tomato (200 g)
- 8 orange bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups rice (345 g), cooked
- Calories 222
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook onions and garlic for 3 minutes, or until they start to soften. Add the ground turkey to the pan, followed by salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add zucchini and diced tomatoes. Cook until zucchini has begun to soften and remove from heat.
- Cut the top off of the bell pepper low enough that the stem remains attached and remove the seeds. Save the top!
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Carefully, carve out your desired jack-o’-lantern face using a steak knife or paring knife. Repeat for the rest of the bell peppers.
- Place carved bell peppers in a baking dish and spoon in a layer of cooked rice in the bottom followed by the turkey mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese. Put the top of the bell pepper back on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until peppers are tender and the cheese has melted.