Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese
Turn up the heat with this Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese recipe that'll have your taste buds dancing! Packed with jalapeños, pepper Jack cheese, and a crispy, golden crust, this sandwich is perfect for those who crave a fiery kick.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices jalapeño, to taste
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese (125 g), divided
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon habanero pepper, optional, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 6 jalapeño-flavored potato chips, lightly crushed
- Calories 624
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Hold a slice of bread over the skillet to measure the space for the cheese crust. Place 2–4 jalapeño slices in the skillet where the bread will go, then top with ¼ cup Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese roughly the shape and size of the slice of bread. Place the bread on top of the cheese and press down lightly so the melting cheese sticks to the bread.
- Top the bread with ¾ cup Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese, the chopped jalapeño, habanero (if using), green onions, and potato chips. Cover with the other slice of bread. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the cheese on the bottom forms a browned crust.
- Using a spatula, lift the sandwich out of the pan and layer the remaining jalapeño slices and Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese in the skillet. Place the sandwich on top of the cheese in the pan, cheese-crust side up, and press down lightly to adhere. Cook for 3–5 minutes, or until the cheese crust is well browned and the cheese in the middle of the sandwich is completely melted. Let the sandwich rest for 1 minute before slicing.