Unicorn Cookies As Made By Our Facebook Cookie Contest Winner
These colorful cookies are so dreamy, we’re convinced they’re made with magic. From a white chocolate wonderland to a fruity fantasy, there’s a sweet surprise in every bite. Serve them at your next birthday party, baby shower, or bake sale. Smiles guaranteed.
for 30 cookies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar (150 g), packed
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup white chocolate chip (130 g)
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (80 g)
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (25 g)
- 1 cup sweetened rice cereal (30 g)
- 1 cup fruit shaped cereal (30 g)
- 30 cone shaped corn chips, for garnish
- Calories 619
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix just until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again, then fold in the white chocolate chips, sprinkles, oats, rice cereal, and fruit-shaped cereal.
- Using an ice cream scoop or ¼ measuring cup (60 grams), scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to a 1 week.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the chilled dough balls 4 inches (10 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then remove the cookies from the oven and place a corn chip in the center of each cookie to resemble a unicorn horn. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes more, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before serving. The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.