Vanilla Crème Brûlée
featured in 3-Course Decadent Dinner for One
Try this classic French dessert with a rich and creamy vanilla custard topped with a caramelized sugar crust, vanilla crème brûlée is legant and delicious!
May 04, 2023
92% would make again
for 1 serving
- 1 pod vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- sugar, white and red
- Remove the vanilla bean from the pod. With a small knife, cut down the middle and scrape out the beans.
- Add vanilla into a medium saucepan with the heavy cream.
- Bring it to a boil and set aside for 10 minutes for the vanilla to be infused.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk and sugar. Whisk in the cream gradually.
- Place into a ramekin and sift out the pod.
- Fill the baking pan with hot water and bake for 25 minutes, or until the middle of the custard gives a jiggle.
- Set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Add spoonfuls of sugar on the top. Torch the sugar until it caramelizes and let it cool. Take your time to avoid burnt sugar.
- Using a metal cookie cutter place the shape on top of the hardened sugar. Carefully add colored sugar and torch until the sugar melts.
- Let it sit a few minutes before enjoying!
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.