78% would make again
Vegan Breakfast Cups
featured in 5 Kid-Friendly Vegan Meals
Rise and shine to a delicious and nutritious breakfast with these vegan breakfast cups, loaded with protein-packed chickpeas and veggies. Perfect for meal prep, these cups are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings.
May 05, 2023
for 24 servings
- 2 cups chickpeas (320 g), dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 1 cup almond milk (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a powerful blender, pulse chickpeas until they reach a powder-like state.
- Transfer chickpea flour to a strainer and strain over a large bowl.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, baking soda, turmeric, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine water, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter rest for 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a cupcake tin and add your toppings of choice
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, but serve warm.