Vegan Breakfast Lasagna
Indulge in this mouthwatering Vegan Breakfast Lasagna that's perfect for a weekend brunch. Layers of tofu scramble, hash browns, and vegan cheese sauce come together to create a scrumptious and satisfying morning treat.
for 9 servings
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium white onion, julienned
- 1 pack white mushroom, julienned
- 1 pack beyond sausage
- 5 yukon gold potatoes, diced
- ½ tablespoon all purpose seasoning, such as Goya
- ½ tablespoon garlic and onion powder, (or season to taste)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk (480 mL)
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast (95 g)
- 1 pack violife smoked provolone slices
- 1 bottle just egg
- 1 pack violife cheddar shreds
- Annie’s biscuit, baked according to instructions
- thinly sliced chive, for garnish
- Calories 380
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Sauté all the veggies, mushrooms and beyond sausage in 3 tablespoons of avocado oil until desired tenderness then place in a bowl. Using the same pan, add your diced potatoes and season to taste with Goya all-purpose seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and smoked paprika (add a little more avocado oil if necessary) sauté on low to medium heat then cover for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil water and season it with sea salt. Once the water is ready, add your lasagna and cook to your desired tenderness.
- In another pot on low medium heat add some vegan butter and once melted add your flour and whisk till combined. You then want to slowly whisk in your unsweetened plant milk till there’s no more lumps, then add in your seasoning, nutritional yeast, and Violife cheese slices (cut into pieces.) Stir to combine, then place the lid on so the cheese can melt. You want the cheese to be smooth and creamy which will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked (veggies, beyond meat, potatoes and noodles), layer just as you would a regular lasagna: cheese sauce first, then noodles, then a little of your veggies, potatoes and shredded Violife cheese along with pieces of the baked biscuits as well. Once you're at the top, finish off with any of the ingredients you have left in addition to the shredded cheese, cheese sauce and biscuits.
- Top with diced scallions or chives and bake in a preheated oven at 325’F for 40-45 mins or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.