Vegan Broccoli And Cheddar Soup
featured in Bread Bowl & 4 healthy Fall Soups
This vegan take on classic broccoli and cheddar soup is just as delicious and comforting as the original! Cashews and nutritional yeast lend a cheesy flavor to this creamy and wholesome soup.
May 04, 2023
85% would make again
for 10 servings
- ½ cup cashews (65 g)
- water, for soaking cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlics, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth (1.5 mL), divided
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (140 g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, roasted or steamed
- 10 bread bowls, for serving
- Calories 929
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 171g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, cover the cashews with water and soak for 1 hour, then drain.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, and 2 cups (480 ml) of vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and rinse out blender.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of vegetable broth, the soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, paprika, and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Add the cashew mixture to the pot with the soup and stir to combine, then stir in the broccoli. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Ladle the soup into bread bowls and serve.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.