Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these scrumptious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches! A perfect blend of chewy cookies and creamy dairy-free ice cream, these treats are sure to be a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike.
for 5 sandwiches
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar (165 g), packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup refined coconut oil (120 mL), melted
- ¼ cup oat milk (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz vegan chocolate chips (225 g)
- 2 pt vegan vanilla ice cream (575 g)
- vegan dark chocolate, in small chunks, for garnish, optional
- Calories 1159
- Fat 74g
- Carbs 116g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 84g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
- Whisk in the oat milk and vanilla, until the sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix, until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches (5 cm) of space between each cookie and the edges of the pan so the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the pint of ice cream pint into 1½-inch (4-cm) thick discs. Peel off the paper container from each ice cream slice.
- Take 2 cooled cookies and sandwich an ice cream slice in between, pressing firmly.
- Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwich in the chocolate chunks, if desired. Repeat with the remaining cookies and ice cream.
- Eat right away, or place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes.
- The sandwiches will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.