Vegan Curried Cabbage Soup
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup onion (35 g), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeds removed, minced
- 1 cup carrot (110 g), chopped
- 3 medium white potatoes, cubed
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, adjust with the saltiness of your broth
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 mL)
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Calories 799
- Fat 59g
- Carbs 92g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add coconut oil and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Continuously stir until onion is golden.
- Add garlic, ginger, and serrano pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry powder and soy sauce and continue to stir until veggies start to release more water, about 5 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, add beans, and stir. Cover and turn down to a simmer. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender but not too soft.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more soy sauce for salt and/or depth of flavor or more curry powder.